Thursday, November 12, 2009

pregnant mini-skirts

Today I was in Old Navy looking for some long sleeve shirts to fit over my growing belly. As I was perusing the maternity aisle looking at cozy sweaters and holiday apparel there a misplaced item of clothing hung on the hanger. And if this article of clothing had a face I'm sure it would be laughing at me. I could feel the extra small denim mini-skirt staring at my hippo sized preggo body judging me and saying, "Honey child you will never be able to wear me." No matter the encouraging words I hear from friends and co-workers about how cute my belly is I can't help but feel like a lard-butt. And whoever you are who decided to ditch your teeny tiny skirt in the maternity aisle definitely wasn't thinking of my hormonal/emotional/irrational pregnant issues.

Don't worry about me I think I will be fine I'm heading for the freezer to eat some ice cream.

(I told Adam my story and he told me I should have taken a pair of maternity jeans and placed them next to the hussy clothing so the preggo jeans could judge the mini-skirts to say, "Honey child if you keep wearing those short skirts I will be your new pair of jeans soon.")

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Pwahahahahahahahahahahaha!

w i n n i e said...

ditto.

Rhonda said...

I love it!!!

Ingrid said...

This is seriously one of your best posts EVER. Just the thought of you uttering the words "honey child" has me feeling all warm and fuzzy inside.
funny funny funny are you!

New Branch said...

adam is way funny

JeriLyn said...

Hahahaha! I don't know you but I sure enjoyed your blog and this post! Too funny!
www.jerisspot.blogspot.com