Tuesday, November 10, 2009

nog



I love Egg Nog. OK let me clarify I love the idea of Egg Nog. Because every holiday season I get a carton of the creamy stuff have a glass and then it sits in the fridge until Valentine's Day when I throw it away. But the other day I found soy milk nog and decided to give it a try. And the small carton is almost gone. It's got the taste of E.N. without the fat contents of a stick of butter.

My reason for posting is not to rave about my new holiday drink but because of the randomness of the warning label on my nog (pictured above). I couldn't help but laugh and wonder what events took place to warrant such a label. Thank goodness I read this in time, having a baby due around Christmas I might have used my nog to fill my babies bottle. Now I know better.

(Do you think Starbucks or Peets would let me bring in my Silk Nog so they could make a create a soy egg nog latte for me? I'm just saying.)

5 comments:

Jamie, the Very Worst Missionary said...

HAhahahah!! love the warning! thank God someone is looking out for the little ones in this world!

They sell, drink eggnog year round, here. Weird, huh. But there it is, In April or June, right next to the milk.

Britany said...

That is weird... I don't know how I feel about that. Egg Nog in June?

Ingrid said...

Nice!! I also notice that it is just called "Nog"...so does that mean there are no eggs in it?? You seriously don't have to worry about drinking raw eggs?? Cause I mean, if that's the case, I am going out and buying it now. Puts THIS prego mom's mind at ease. Now I don't feel as bad about adding bourbon. HA!
ALSO...I totally think you should bring a carton of "Nog" in with you to Starbucks and make them create you a drink made with that!! And then post a picture of their face when you ask! :)

New Branch said...

kindered spirit, i too love the concept of nog but hate the taste. and sadly not even the addition of soy would change my mind. instead i'll bulk up on the pumpkin and gingerbread flavored goodies and let you feed the nog to your unborn son.

Rhonda said...

Love it! I, too, think you should take it to Starbucks and see what they say. But the warning is topped only by the one I found on peanut butter: "Caution: Contains peanuts."