Wednesday, November 12, 2008

don't touch my mustache

Adam's friend Yama is Japanese and he taught us a Japanese phrase that in English sounded a lot like, "Don't touch my mustache." The funny thing is I can't remember what don't touch my mustache translates to.

Today I was reminded of my Japanese lessons. When a client that I work with told me that I have a mustache. Should I be offended? Should I wax? Should I bleach my growing stache? No! I have decided to put my facial hair to use and make some extra pocket money in the process. I'm going to join the circus... I'll be the mustache lady!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

hee, hee, Go Britany!

Jamie, the Very Worst Missionary said...

I have a beard. for real. can i come with you?

Unknown said...

that's no stash...just a few elf strands...

Mike Murrow said...

"elf strands" that hurt to read.


brit you are killing me. you should grow it out, then cut it off and donate it to stach-of-love. a foundation for pre-teen boys and highway patrolmen who can't grow facial hair.

Anonymous said...

I just read something really funny in a magazine: When women hit middle age, they are looking for something to hide the wrinkles. A beard is not what we had in mind!
hahahahahaha (coming from your middle aged, or so, mother in law!)

Anonymous said...

andy tells me all the time that i have a mustache. Granted it's only after I say something like "nice unibrow" to him, he counters with "nice mustache" (which is weird since my leg, arm, and facial hair is blonde..). So yeah, it might only be because we tease each other, but just so you know I have been told that regularly!
I have NEVER noticed a 'stache on you, for what it's worth!

Anonymous said...

i have concluded that jd is vision impaired.

Anonymous said...

oh and i also like danny's joke. hilarious!