Sunday, January 10, 2010

mellow

Do you ever fear that if you say something out loud or write it on paper that that thing that you said will stop being true and the opposite will happen? I do. And so with great caution I type these next paragraphs.

When I was pregnant and before we knew Linus was going to be a boy people would ask, "So do you want it to be a girl or a boy?" I would respond, "I don't care as long as they are mellow." We love our little redhead but Ollie has been anything but mellow. When he was a babe I would often call him fuss-bucket. Ollie continues to let us know what he wants and is never quiet about it. Some call him a spirited child others would called him a strong willed child. We just call him Ollie. We love his little personality although do blame it on his hair color.

So far it looks like my prayers were answered. Linus is an easy baby. I got a mellow babe. It has made the transition from 1 child to 2 very pleasant. He sleeps well at night doesn't fuss. And only cries when he is hungry. It's funny to me that a baby so young could be so different from his sibling. I look forward to seeing our little Linus' personality bloom and I am praying he continues to be my mellow baby.

5 comments:

Jeni Maxson said...

Oh Brit. I so understand. I always got that with each pregnancy. Also why are you having more...but thats another vent. Each child is wonderfully made. I am glad your second was mellow. Mine not so much. But I know you wouldnt change ollie for anything in the world. As I Sam. Have fun being out numbered momma. When asked what I was hoping for I would say to people I would never see again....human or my husbands. That one I got shocked looks at and I would laugh.

Jamie the Very Worst Missionary said...

I do that thinking thing, too. Like if I dare to imagine something wonderful, it will jinx it.

I am so happy for you that Linus is the baby of your prayers!! I remember the first time I met Ollie and I was amazed by his amazingness, and I thought about how he was the tiny red-headed result of many prayers, too.

I love you and your family!!

the mathisons said...

I still read your blog! I think Linus is the cutest! I also think that wether he is mellow for the rest of his life or for just a time he will be great joy added to a fun family! Love you guys!!

Sarena Baltzley said...

Britany! i didnt know you had a blog. the things you find out about people on the internet.
it is amazing how each child is so unique and how you know that right off. both sets of my God-children were that way, but the opposite of yours, a mellow easy first child and a hell-cat second. i think the rambuncious one first is a better way to go so you are prepared for the second one, come what may. And I dont think its his red hair that makes him high spirited/strong willed but his genes!!! He comes by it honestly some where down the line...isnt that how we all come by those little idiosynchrasies??? i think his red hair is actually what makes hime so dang sweet...just look at that little face under all that red hair...aawwwee how cute.
Now post more pictures on Facebook, I need more!!!
-Sarena

Nicoolmama said...

After two beautiful but HIGH MAINTENANCE boys, my third beautiful boy is the most mellow, content, happy, only cries when he needs something baby.

Isn't it wonderful??

I have read your blog for awhile now but just now commenting.

Congrats on your beautiful baby boy! LOVE the name Linus AND Ollie too!